Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Starfish Story

 

The Starfish StoryOriginal Story by: Loren Eisley



One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, "What are you doing?"

The youth replied, "Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them back, they'll die."

"Son," the man said, "don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't make a difference!"

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the
man, he said
"I made a difference for that one"

 
     I just wanted to share this story because I find it so inspiring. Time and time again I have heard people say "you can't save them all" or "what can I do?" This story reminds me that even if we can't save them all, we can change the life of someone, one by one. To the person whose life is being changed, it is HUGE! God says he knows every single hair on our head, every grain of sand, so doesn't He also care about every single soul? Step by step we can make a difference through our Faith in the Lord!

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25.40

No comments:

Post a Comment